Saturday, 24 August 2013

Lots of progress!

So after a bit of a slow period, I've made a whole ton of progress today.

With the help of the lemmasoft forum, I've got some basic puzzle stuff going on which will hopefully add a bit of interactivity to the game. I'm going to change it so the text is actually a highlighted image of the bit you are looking for. If you intend to play the game, this puzzle is a spoiler!


I polished some more of the UI based on some suggestions and it's starting to look better; I feel like the project is coming together a lot more. My boyfriend wrote me a script that takes the writers script and makes it ren'pyable which is pretty amazing and has saved me a lot of time. I'll share it when it's more polished if it'll be any good to people, I don't know how writers normally format their work but it makes it a lot quicker.

I'm also really excited about the story, it's good to see it on paper but actually seeing it flow, with all the choices, it's really exciting! I'm getting backgrounds regularly from a talented artist, Badriel from the lemmasoft forums. The themes fit perfectly and I'm really starting to enjoy seeing all the themes tie-in.

The project hit a bit of a slump for a while but it's back in full swing and I'm pushing towards the final hurdles! I have also included all the stat building stuff today and a new stat screen that adds up so you can see your progress. I really hope people will enjoy this and I really want to release some more soon!

Thanks!

Sally

No comments:

Post a Comment